Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Piolo: A Financial Monologue




There is no fool’s gold beneath the surface of Piolo’s beliefs and values. Behind the disarmingly handsome face is a man who knows how to protect his dreams and priorities. In between the hectic schedule are charity works, sports, and his undying love for family.

The same can be said on how he handles his finances – smart, delicate, and purposeful. And as the latest addition to Sun Life Financial’s “It’s Time!” financial literacy advocacy, he is ready to impart the message of a bright and stable future.

On Money

My mother showed me the best attitude towards money, which is humility. She also taught me to use money to do good things. My faith also gave me a great foothold on my finances. Much has been given to me, and it is only right that I give something in return.

On Financial Planning

You have to know what is important to you, and starting early is the way to go. In fact, the life insurance I got for my son Iñigo has already matured. Now his future is secure, and I’m so happy to know that he could do anything he wants. So it really pays to put your money on the best financial baskets around.

On Spending Habits

I am very practical with the things I buy. I never spend beyond my means. After a long and tiring day, I splurge on food. But that’s it. My happiness does not rely on the things that I have. Also, I do save for rainy days. We never know the lemons that life may throw our way.

On Retirement

Even before I entered the entertainment industry, I saw myself retiring at a young age. It may be a change of career, or doing other things that I have always wanted to pursue. For instance, I want to have my own business someday. It is so exciting to think about the future if you’re protected and secured.

On Success

Never let it get to your head. I consider myself very blessed for the opportunities given to me. So I never let it go to waste. I work hard, fulfill my responsibilities, and always try to pay it forward. I know it sounds too heroic, but I want to be able to help when I can, whenever I can.

On Future Plans

In five years, I see myself being married. I want to see my kids grow up, and I want to be beside my wife through thick and thin. We are not going to be young forever, so I am now saving and investing for that chapter in my life. I want to protect their dreams, so I have to be ready for anything.

On Achieving Financial Freedom

Can I say that I am financially free? YES, yes I can. But I still invest on things that will matter in the future. I keep on saving up, so I can continue to be confident about my and my family’s future. It’s time to create the life we always want to live. No time like today, no place like the present to start. Again, it’s time!

On Being an It’s Time advocate

Sun Life has been securing the future of Filipinos for 115 years now. Even during the global financial crisis, they proved that they are very stable. They continue to fulfill their commitment to their policyholders. The It’s Time advocacy is such a noble initiative, one that can help millions of Filipinos fulfill their dreams. This makes me proud to be part of the Sun Life family.

No comments:

Post a Comment