Friday, April 8, 2011

Salsa di Pomodoro put to test cooking

i tried making some salsa di pomodoro (recipe here) just 20 minutes ago and decided to cook myself some pasta since i'm on it.

result? a little salty but good enough. wanna know how i did it?

i made a really small batch of salsa di pomodoro. just 2 ripe tomatoes and adjusted the ingredients so it's gonna be just a meal for one. it's just a trial anyway.

Chef Margarita Fores said that the pasta water should be saltwater-like so the pasta will be really tasty. i guess this is where i got it bad. my pasta water got a little salty. but it tasted good for a trial dish. i put in a little milk to subdue the saltiness and the milk turned my sauce a little creamy.

and so, i turned my salsa di pomodoro into a pasta sauce. i put in a bit of Spanish paprika and a dash of dried basil because that's all i have in our kitchen cupboard. there's tuna right in front of me at the dinner table so i took some pinches on it so my pasta won't look so lonely.

verdict: no one's gonna taste my cooking at 3:30am but for sure my next try will definitely be really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment